The Church's Basis of Faith.
The following items should help you understand the church's Basis of Faith. We believe these truths summarize the essential beliefs held by all true Christians in all places and at all times.
1. In the full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, their authority and sufficiency as not only containing but being in themselves the Word of God.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit; that each belongs to the same divine perfection; co-
3. In Jesus Christ; conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; that He is very God and very man. When he was crucified he offered Himself as the representative and substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of many. All who repent and believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood and they constitute His church. His body was raised according to the Scriptures and He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the throne of God as our High Priest and Advocate.
4. In the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. His return to the earth will be visible and personal in the manner in which He went, and all true believers will be caught up with him forever.
5. In the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. He is the Author and Inspirer of the Old and New Testaments and He lives in every believer.
6. That the children of God should be holy and separate from the world as the scriptures define; that sin in our lives should be opposed by trusting in the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ and that growth in grace should be actively sought with His all-
7. That man, although made in the image of God, has sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death. Man therefore needs the regeneration by the Holy Spirit in order that he may enter the Kingdom of God, and that fruit of this new birth must be evident in the daily life.
8. In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the eternal blessedness of the redeemed in Christ and the eternal punishment of those who have ignored or rejected the offer of salvation.
Copyright © All rights reserved by Melbourne Hall Evangelical Free Church made by Serif.